Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Trip

I appreciate the well wishes of everyone who commented on my last post!! We enjoyed a great weekend in Topeka with my sis.  We did a lot of relaxing!!
The boys enjoyed each others' company and the weather couldn't have been any better!! Beautiful, breezy days and crisp nights.  The leaves were falling and the colors were vibrant! The kids found Uncle Chris's lawn wagon and spent 2 days video-ing each other riding it down the hill and ramping it over a broken pile of hay.  No major accidents or injuries were incurred! (miraculous considering some of the faceplant footage I viewed later!)
Cami and Kadon played well too--and both had been asking about the other the entire week before we met! I thought that was just sweet!
We took the kids roller skating on Saturday afternoon.  Even the old guys skated. 
Cami, Kadon, Kristi and I did the hokey pokey on skates--and the babies were pretty good!! Cami just kept watching me and imitating the moves--she didn't want to miss out on a SINGLE action! (Becky I know you are laughing, because you can totally see her doing that)
Kadon just moved :-)  They were both skating by themselves by the end of the session.
My favorite part of the weekend was the trip Kristi and I made to the nursery to buy vegetation for a makeover in the front of her house! We enjoyed looking at all the stuff--and saved a little money with their end of season sales.  Saturday afternoon found us putting the plants in the ground--and she said I could use the pictures on my blog--so I will post them later this week.
Kristi and I spent several hours playing our favorite games. . .scrabble and yahtzee! And even though I accused her of cheating (who can roll ONE yahtzee in a game. .let alone TWO!??) I just think she might be pretty good at the game!  But don't tell her that. .I wouldn't want her to get cocky!
The meals were great and the company was even better and the ride home was REALLY long!!! Jeremy made a pit stop in Wichita to run around at the flea market for a couple hours. We hooked up with mom and her sister while there too!
It's good to get away for a few days. .and even better when your family is on the other end. .
I'm so glad that I can say that. .I know many people can't!
Appreciate your family today!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great time. Shure glad Cami survived the ordeal last week. Looking at those rowdy boys going full speed makes me wonder which sweet unsuspecting young ladies will marry them... (smile)
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I won't tell her that you think she might be pretty good at the game. I bet she is just lucky. :)
    I returned to the nursery on Sunday and got my other blue spruce and three more mums. And the wind chimes I was admiring. Happy Early Birthday to me..... Thanks again for all of your help. It looks so pretty now when I drive into my driveway.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Wondering where you decided to put the other blue spruce tree?? And what color are the mums?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good visit - LOL about the wagon-riding by the boys! The skating looked fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice time you had visiting with family. It is always so nice to get away. It's been a while since I have been roller skating. I love the blue vinyl floor! I've only seen that kind of floor once before!

    ReplyDelete