Monday, February 21, 2011

Saturday Nite Worship Jam

Psalm 63:3-4 "Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on your name."
And that's just what we did!
The 3rd Annual Rock and Worship Road Show came through Dodge City last weekend.  We took a caravan of 4 large vehicles to the new arena to watch.  The older boys and I had been to one a couple years ago. .and this one was just as great!!
Since we met another vehicle of people from our group in Dodge. .we had over 30 kids and parents sitting in our section.  We were so thankful to be able to sit together. .right after being thankful that we got in.  Because it was $10 at the door seating. .it was first come, first serve.  The new arena, which holds 3500 people was near capacity! We had seats on the floor. .and the viewing was much better than that of the coliseum a few years ago.  
Devin was pretty impressed with his first loud rock concert!! And he couldn't believe that we were watching people that we hear on the radio!
There was a lot of great worship music. .and lots of hands in the air praising God! 
There was some visiting of friends!! One cool thing about going to a concert in a smallish town in western Kansas was that we knew lots of other people there too. .and kept bumping into ones that we knew. The boys found lots of friends from sports and various camps they have been to. . and watched from the door part of the time so they could catch up with old friends. 
There was lots of standing up, dancing, hip swinging, clapping, and singin'! Many of the groups had their lyrics on the big screens so people could sing along! 
Psalm 47:1 "Clap your hands, all you peoples; shout to God with loud songs of joy."
Psalm 149:3 "Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre."
                                     
They don't use lighters anymore. .Now they use ipods and cell phones to wave in the air.  This picture was taken as the Afters sang Light up the Sky.  Awesome music!! 
I had a blast trying out my new camera in the dark setting.  Many other people were using their phones to catch pictures.  Actually, Devin took the photo above, which I loved when I viewed it from my computer. 
The kids had a great time.  But my boys didn't care for the really heavy rock band. .or the loud aspect of the concert.  Devin did really well until about 9:30. .and then he began to fade. .F.A.S.T!!  Finally, by 10:20 he was BEGGING to leave. ."Please. .mom. .even if they AREN'T done. .can't we just go anyway!" Of course, the final band was Mercy Me. .my favorite. .and I made him suffer it out! 
Besides. .he needed to get GOOD use out of this blinking mouth piece that he HAD to have. .good thing he brought his own wallet!! He couldn't wait to wear his new Mercy Me t-shirt to school today!

The rest of the weekend was so beautiful and warm!! We engaged in a lot of outdoor activities. .and Jeremy and I even went for a spin in his old model A.  I found lots of signs of life coming up from the ground. .and the water was warm enough to feed the fish a bit on Saturday.  They looked hungry.  It's cooler again this week. .back to February!! But the seedlings coming up in my basement are fun reminders that spring will soon be here.  Have a great week!

Psalm 81:1 "Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob."

4 comments:

  1. LOVE..LOVE...LOVE that first picture! That needs to be printed and framed on your wall or somewhere. We wanted to go to the concert, but since Jeremy is president of extension council he had to be at the meeting...bummer, cause it sounds like it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures!! How very cool!! Looks and sounds like it was a good time!! J wishes he could have gone, but made up for it by eating his weight in pie at the conservation dinner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to be there togeather praiseing Jesus! (have your ears recovered yet? I really enjoyed it, but my poor ears were over loaded!) Can you imagine how much Heaven is going to take it to the next level? That is going to be awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos of the concert are cool! Sounds fun, and I know my kids might not be able to hang in there either towards the end!

    ReplyDelete